One of the things that our specialists recommend is to be proactive in protecting our dogs. Owners are being encouraged to keep an eye out for the common garden threats to evade any dangers.
Always make sure to check their current state and when they start showing any sign of having ingested a poison such as:
As much as we want to help to protect your dog, it’s important to seek veterinary assistance immediately if your pup gets into difficulty. Dog-proofing your garden can also be your best bet as this will help you to transform your beloved garden into a dog-friendly environment.
A lot of us do not know that the stones and pits in apricots, cherries, plums and peaches contain deadly cyanide. If they’re crushed before they’re consumed, these seeds can be very poisonous to dogs.
On the other hand, larger stones can also bring choking hazards.
Mushrooms can grow anywhere, and while some can be totally edible, others are highly toxic to dogs and humans too. Here are the possibilities that your canine has swallowed a poisonous mushroom:
It’s best to remove them all from your backyard before it’s too late.
Weeds might be meant to burrow into the ground and germinate. However, they can also accidentally penetrate a dog’s body and cause internal damage.
Since they grow everywhere in the garden regularly, they should also be uprooted continuously. Make sure that your dogs getting regularly checked as well, especially entry points like the ears, nose, mouth and eyes.
Most dog owners are well aware the chocolate is bad for pets and can cause poisoning. Moreover, garden bedding mulch made from cocoa beans.
It will be a wise choice to avoid using cocoa mulch in your backyard if you own a dog. Cocoa mulch comprises theobromine which is the same risky ingredient that’s in the chocolate.
This acts like caffeine which can cause diarrhoea, vomiting and muscle or heart issues.
Domestic weed killers are highly hazardous to dogs when swallowed or licked. If enough is consumed, they can also cause breathing or heart problems among our pets.
Weed killers usually contain glyphosate. If you wish to use this kind of product, it is necessary to shut your dog inside.
Some of the most widely available lawn feeds include ferrous sulphate. They can pose harm to dogs’ skin as well as cause gastrointestinal problems or iron poisoning.
The safest way for green-fingered Brits who own dogs to grow garden grass is a natural way – with sunlight, water and organic enrichment.
Lollipop Junior: Customer Stories